In these times of Covid-19, Kalmar Castle is following the recommendationsof the Public Health Agency of Sweden. To ensure that our visitors and staff are not exposed to contagion, we are adhering to the following routines and explicit recommendations:
• No visitors or staff displaying symptoms such as coughing, fever or rhinorrhoea should be present at Kalmar Castle.
• The castle is large, and may accommodate a relatively large number of visitors, provided everybody is mindful of others and maintain a safe distance. Our staff will assist you with information about safe distance, and will guide you if necessary, in order to prevent too many people from visiting the same room or hall at once.
• We inform all our visitors and staff about the importance of effective hand hygiene, and of sneezing into your arm.
• In case there is a queue in our shop/entrance, our staff will ask you to maintain a distance of two metres to one another.
• Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance, at the till, and in the exhibition Gustav Vasa through his beard – a history of power.
• We have expanded our cleaning routine, to include more frequent sanitation of surfaces at the castle, such as door handles, toilets etc.
• Our café has placed its tables in such a way that our guests are seated well apart. In case there is a queue at the till, our staff will inform you about maintaining a safe distance.